Background

9.22.2012

{ Summer Recap }

Summer is over - here's a few pictures...

Blake played soccer for the first time this year - we used the word played real loosely. :)
They basically just had practices and almost every practice either Eric or I had to be out on the field with him.  I'm so excited though - he got his first team shirt and I'm planning on saving them all and making a quilt for each of the boys when they're older!!


We did lots of camping - these are pictures of Carter & Blake at Lake Chelan.  I would recommend any/everyone to go up to Lake Chelan - it's AMAZING.  I would like to go back next year, but we might plan a trip every other year - it's about a 7 1/2 hour drive so with the little ones it's a bit of a struggle.  (The travel fairy stopped the night before we left though and gave the boys baskets of different games/toys to play with on the drive and it worked out wonderfully!!)


For the Fourth of July, Eric & Blake drove Great Grandpa Swede's tractor in the Mt. Angel parade again (I think it's the 3rd year they've done it)! Carter loved having a strawberry snack waiting for the parade to start!

 We had lots of outside play time - the boys love being outside and playing in the water!


Another camping trip...this was the church camp-out at Detroit Lake - the boys had a blast this year playing in the water.


I love this picture - maybe it's because I don't have a lot of pics of the 4 of us together.  Our friends rented a boat (on yet another camping trip for the OGWA camp-out) and we had a blast tooting along the water.  We'd stop every now and then and some would jump in for a swim. :)

Kristen & Matt got married this summer too, but I don't have any pics of it - the wedding was amazing.  We had soo much fun!  I'll have to post some pics later - the boys were both in it along with Colin and the three boys wore black pants, white shirts with a purple tie & suspenders and black Converse shoes - soooo stinking cute!

It was such a busy summer, but it was a great one!  I hate to even say this, but I am ready for fall now though (I've already got my Fall/Halloween decorations up)!!

1 comment:

  1. First off...your family is adorable!! Such cuties.

    Secondly...thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on the Pre Holiday Planning Post. I wanted to let you know your blog comments are set to "No Reply", which means there isn't an email address attached to your blog account with no way for anyone to reply. If you ever want to change that, there is a tutorial on my right side bar labeled "Are you a no reply".
    Thanks again for commenting on my blog and have a great day,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete